Welcome to My Blog

Hey there,
This is my blog about teenage books as well as some adult books that I love. I'll be reviewing books as well as talking about upcoming books and my favourite authors. I love all sorts of books and I'll try to read a wide range of genres to review. Thanks for visiting my blog and please follow and comment. If you have any questions or recommendations just e-mail me at bittersweetbookblog@gmail.com

Thursday 28 March 2013

Fight Club

"It's only after we lose everything, That we are free to do anything."
                                                                                             -Fight Club

   Fight Club is a very original and thought provoking book written by Chuck Palahniuk. It follows the life of an unknown young man who as well as his friend Tyler discover the only way they can release their anger at the world is to beat the crap out of each other. This becomes the basis for Fight Club. Fight Club is a secret group of young men who all come together to fight and forget about all the problems they and the world have just for one night. Tyler begins to obsess over Fight Club as it grows bigger and bigger. He thinks it is the only release he and others like him can get from their otherwise confining lives. But in fight club their are only eight rule and apart from that their are no limits to what Tyler can and will do. Fight Club is about so much more than this however. It has much deeper meanings to it and there is so much more to the story.
    Fight Club begins at the end. From there the unknown young man tells his story of how he got to that end, from his reasons for his anger at the world, to his addiction to support groups, to the first time he met Tyler, to the beginning of Fight Club, to the introduction of Marlee, to the evolution of Fight Club to the realization of who is Tyler.
    This story is written in a very unique way. It jumps around a lot and their are lots of explanations and sometimes whole pages are devoted to these explanations and theories when they aren't even very relevent to the story. Although it can be hard to follow at times and I was confused for most of the first half of the book it is a very good book and the conclusion is mind blowing. It's very thought provoking and very unique and original. Although I did have to read it at least twice to fully comprehend the story. I'd definitely recommend it and I can't wait to try more books by Chuck Palahniuk.

I'd give it nine stars out of ten.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment