Welcome to My Blog

Hey there,
This is my blog about teenage books as well as some adult books that I love. I'll be reviewing books as well as talking about upcoming books and my favourite authors. I love all sorts of books and I'll try to read a wide range of genres to review. Thanks for visiting my blog and please follow and comment. If you have any questions or recommendations just e-mail me at bittersweetbookblog@gmail.com

Wednesday 27 March 2013

The Perks of Being a Wallflower

"I guess we are who we are for a lot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there."
                                                                                                          -The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Since this is going to be my first ever post about books I've decided to write about one of my all time favourite books which is "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" by Stephen Chbosky.

  The Perks of being a Wallflower is an inspirational, mind blowing and compelling story of one boy and what made him who he is today. The whole story is told through a teenage boy’s letters to a person who he trusts and feels he can offer him although is only ever addressed as “dear friend”. Each letter is unique and wacky, hilarious and devastating.
      Although we may not know who he is, his real name or any of his friend or families. We share in his world and see his journey of friendships and family, first dates and mixed tapes. We find out everything about him, his worries and his joys, his life as a teenager and how he deals with it. He shares every piece of his life through these letters.  Through him you find out that all you need is that perfect song on that perfect drive to feel infinite”. Charlie is a wallflower one of those people caught between living his life and running from it. He observes from the outsides though he always tries to participate.
     This story is deeply thought provoking and moving coming of age book as you experience a roller-coaster year in Charlie’s life.
     I loved this book because of it's uniqueness. It makes you feel sometimes like you are Charlie experiencing all these emotions. It also has some of my favourite quotes in it. I think you should definitely give this book a try even if it does sound unusual  because I promise it'll be worth it.  
    I'd give it ten stars out of ten.
      
  

No comments:

Post a Comment